I’m so excited to share with you these top Mommy Must Haves! Here are twelve things every new mom needs and would ride or die for! I’m a foster mom and didn’t have a baby shower, so I had to really do my homework and ask around for every item I ended up purchasing. Enjoy! (Click the pink to view on Amazon.)
1. The Magic Merlin Sleep Suit – This sucker really gets your babies to sleep and stay asleep all night. This is literally the most important baby thing I bought. I bought four of them actually. Foster mom note: When children have been through trauma, even in the womb, they sometimes need extra comfort during the night, this helps keep them swaddled and feeling safe. I wish I had stock in this company.
2. Boppy Pillow- You will absolutely need this if you have a new baby. It acts as a support pillow and is supposed to be for breastfeeding but works great for bottle feedings, propping your baby up in your bed etc. We used this thing all the time and felt like it really helped with bonding because the baby could easily be in our arms for long gazes.
3. Teething Necklace – Love these chunky teething necklaces. I wish we got one sooner than we did. For some reason, I didn’t think we needed it because we had other teethers, but they continuously grabbed for my jewelry and I wish I was wearing one of these.
4. Tula Baby Carrier– I was lucky enough to be given a ton of different baby carriers by other moms, and I will tell you this right now, Tula is hands down the best there is. It feels like the baby is part of your body. And they come in the prettiest patterns! They are pretty expensive but it’s worth it because you’ll use it every day.
5. Rubber Chew Toy – There are many different styles, we have the elephant, but the babies just love this thing and it helps with teething. I would get the darker colors though, as you can not put these in the dishwasher.
6. Portable Baby Seat – Believe me, you need this. Nothing like going to a party and getting stuck holding your baby because no one there will help you out while you pee. This has happened to me, many times. Also, we strap these seats to our dining room chairs for feedings and table fun.
7. Chic Pacifiers – It’s so hard to find pacifiers that aren’t hideous and clash with cute clothes. I like the classic look of these. Seriously hard to find something without a loud print on it.
8. Baby Gym – The wood ones are so sweet and minimalist chic. Full disclosure I don’t have this kind. We had a bright-colored plush one but I don’t think they are half as nice, plus they move when the baby moves. These wood ones are more sturdy and look nice in your living room if you don’t have time to put it away.
9. Skip Hop Baby Bag – I love this bag! It’s more on the gender-neutral side and goes with any outfit. My husband willingly holds it on his shoulder and not ten feet in front of him. Also, it keeps bottles cool.
10. Wood Toys – These are a must for teething babies, plus they are pretty and not made of plastic.
11. Shea Moisture Baby Shampoo – We are huge fans of this brand, it’s all natural and cruelty-free and it works great on drier hair types.
12. 4Moms RockaRoo Baby Swing- My good friend loaned us this one. I hate to say it but it did not get returned as immaculate as we received it. This thing got USED. It is a beautiful swing that doesn’t cramp your style. It blends in and doesn’t have all the clashing bright colors other swings have. Plus it glides rather than jolts which is much better for baby.
Don’t forget to follow me on my new instagram: click here!
If you are curious to see if adopting through foster care is right for you: IFavela@5acres.org (Mention this blog.)
Miranda is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is at absolutely no cost to the reader.